While the students enjoyed a well-deserved day off on Friday, September 27, the Servite faculty participated in a staff development day that began with Mass celebrated by Fr. Joseph in our Seven Holy Founders Chapel.
Inspired by the recent WCEA Accreditation Visit last March, Servite has adopted Teachers Teaching Teachers (or T-Cubed) as its model for professional development. During Friday's in-service, teachers had a menu of options from which to choose, with two mandatory sessions that directly affect all teachers and all students.
Teachers chose three sessions from the following Optional Sessions:
- Best Communication Practices for Parents and Students (presented by Mrs. Gina Johnson)
- Differentiated Instruction (presented by Mrs. Jennifer Emard)
- Expanding Google Classroom Use (presented by Mr. Brian Hunt)
- Faronics Insight (presented by Mrs. Andi Watanabe)
- Portrait of a Servite Teacher and Best Practices (presented by Mrs. Olga Hofreiter)
- Project-Based Learning (presented by Mr. Ben Van Dyk)
The two mandatory sessions that all faculty attended included:
- Mental Health and Suicide Awareness (presented by Mr. Nick Perfetto)
- Disaster Evacuation Protocol (presented by Mr. Jack Conklin)
We want to thank the teachers who shared their knowledge, expertise, and creativity with the rest of us and look forward to future in-service presentations from other faculty members. The collective talent of our teaching staff is a blessing, and we are incredibly fortunate to have so many people willing to learn from colleagues in an effort to always improve the instructional program at Servite.
A special thank you to Marjan Dunn and her generous raffle donation to her restaurant, Da Bianca. Congratulations, to Jaclyn Besne for winning the raffle!