Servite is committed to providing accurate and transparent information regarding COVID-19 cases on our campus, while also maintaining privacy and confidentiality for our students and staff. The data below represents the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases among faculty, staff, and students. This data will be updated regularly and as cases are confirmed..
|As of 5/25/2022||Population Number||Current Confirmed Cases||Current Confirmed Cases % of Population||
MESSAGE SENT TO SERVITE FAMILIES ON January 3, 2022
Dear Servite Families,
Today, our faculty and staff were on campus to prepare for the new semester. We eagerly anticipate the arrival of our students tomorrow. However, COVID-19 and the Omicron variant continue to be a challenge and we are monitoring trends closely in our school community as well as our local area. It remains our goal to maintain on-campus instruction but this will be dependent upon the guidance of county health officials.
Please read the updates below carefully and discuss them with your sons to ensure they are familiar with protocols before returning to campus.
- Masks must be worn indoors at all times on the Servite campus. Your son should come to campus each day with a mask. Staff will be checking at the gate. We have limited supplies on campus so it is imperative that your son come to school with his own mask daily and wear it indoors.
- For your son's health and to minimize the spread of COVID on campus, if your son shows any symptoms or has a known exposure, please keep him at home and notify the school nurse.
- Servite has updated our quarantine, masking, and testing guidelines following changes from the California Department of Public Health. These changes include a reduced quarantine/isolation period for some cases. Please see the detailed guidelines on our COVID-19 Information Page.
- If your son is vaccinated and you have not yet provided a copy of his vaccination card, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for his confidential health record and facilitate decisions regarding contact tracing and quarantine periods.
- Servite encourages parents to consult their primary care physicians to determine if the vaccine and/or booster is right for their son.
- Due to the heavy volume of questions and requests, we ask that you refer to the guidelines as your initial source of information before contacting our nurse.
- All basketball games for this week have been canceled.
- The Parent Community Council Social scheduled for Friday, January 7th has been canceled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- The all-school Mass scheduled for Thursday, January 6 has been canceled. Thursday will now be a Block Even schedule with a 1:55 dismissal.
This is a fluid situation and we are working diligently to continuously monitor changes. Our goal remains to keep students' on-campus learning in the classroom. However, please be advised that if certain thresholds of positive cases are exceeded, the school may be subject to closure under OCHCA guidelines. Your partnership in complying with our protocols is a vital part of these efforts.
We appreciate your continued patience and support. Thank you.
Please keep your student home if he exhibits any COVID symptoms not related to an underlying medical condition.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath of difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting